- 1 firm-ripe tomato (1/2 lb.), peeled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 lamb rib chops (each about 3/4 in. thick; about 1 lb. total)
- 3 tablespoons salted, roasted sunflower seed, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- calories 274
- caloriesfromfat 56 %
- protein 23 g
- fat 17 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- carbohydrate 8.1 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- sodium 165 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Cut tomato in half crosswise; gently squeeze out seed. Trim out and discard core; cut tomato into 1/2-inch cubes.
Mix tomato, mint, vinegar, and oil; spoon onto a platter or plates.
Trim excess fat off lamb. Barbecue chops on a grill over solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Cook, turning once, until lamb is browned and still pink in the center (cut to test), 7 to 9 minutes total. Set chops on tomato mixture.
Sprinkle meat with sunflower seed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.