Really liked the cherry port sauce, but wasn't crazy about the lamb. Perhaps it was our cut of meat? This sauce would be great over pork, too.
Grilled Lamb Chops with Cherry Port Sauce
We used port, a sweet fortified wine, to create a vibrant sauce for the lamb. The unique flavor of port is hard to match, but if you need a substitute, use a fruity red wine or 2/3 cup pomegranate-cherry juice and 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 295
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 28.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 91mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 374mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup tawny port
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3/4 cup frozen pitted dark sweet cherries
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- Cooking spray
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Sprinkle lamb evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; set aside.
- 3. Bring port to a boil in a medium skillet over high heat. Boil, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes or until reduced to 1/3 cup. Reduce heat to medium. Combine cornstarch and water in a separate bowl, stirring until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture and cherries to pan. Simmer 1 minute or until sauce is slightly thick. Remove from heat; stir in thyme and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Coat lamb with cooking spray; place on grill rack. Grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Serve cherry sauce over lamb.
- Serve with: Grilled Red Onion and Zucchini
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note