Grilled Lamb with Chocolate Mint Salsa
This salsa is good with any hearty meat, but especially lamb. Because the mint is so potent, we've added parsley to mellow it a little.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 614
- Calories from fat: 76%
- Protein: 36g
- Fat: 52g
- Saturated fat: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 2.6g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sodium: 503mg
- Cholesterol: 139mg
- 8 lamb chops (2 1/2 lbs.)
- About 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped chocolate mint
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 red jalapeño chile, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°). Rub lamb chops with about 2 tbsp. oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Grill, turning once, until done the way you like, about 8 minutes total for medium.
- 2. Combine mint, parsley, lime juice, jalapeño, onion, remaining oil, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a medium bowl. Spoon over lamb.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note