Very quick and easy. Choose a crusty, crunchy bread. Don't use a soft, chewy bread (it ruins it).
Grilled Kielbasa and Onion Sandwiches
Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 471
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 1847mg
- 1 pound whole smoked kielbasa
- 4 6-inch-long crusty rolls
- 2 onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. Preheat gas grill to medium-high. Cut kielbasa into 4 pieces and slice each piece in half lengthwise.
- 2. Split rolls and grill, split sides down, until lightly marked. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Grill onions, turning once, until charred and softened, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl and toss with barbecue sauce.
- 4. Grill sausages, turning once, until hot and lightly charred by grill, 3 to 4 minutes total. Arrange onions and sausages on rolls and serve immediately, passing more barbecue sauce on the side, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note