Grilled Kale with Garlic, Chiles and Bacon
Community Recipe from
- 1 pound(s) kale, thick stems discarded
- 2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 clove(s) garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small fresh red chile, thinly sliced
- 2 slice(s) thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) exta-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
- In large pot of boiling, slated water ,blanch kale until just tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and lightlly squeeze out excess water. Blot dry kales and transfer to bowl. Add vegetable oil, garlic and chile, season with salt and pepper and toss well to coat.
- In skillte, cook bacon over moderate heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Light a grill. Place a 10-inch spring form ring (not the bottom) on the grill to contain the kale. Carefully pat kale inside ring pressing down to form an even layer. Alternatively, use a perforated grill pan, turning occasionaly. Grill until lightly charred on bottom, about 3 mintues. With tongs, turn the kale over and grill the other side for 3 minutes.
- Transfer kale to bowl and immediately toss with bacon, oilive oil, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season s+p, serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note