This was an interesting twist on the classic Caeser salad but much healthier! Grilling the kale tu.ned out to be easier than expected. I used freshly shaved parmesan cheese and home made croutons. This salad was served to guests with steak and baked potato and berry trifle.
Grilled Kale Caesar Salad
Photo: Thomas J. Story; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 326
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sodium: 1242mg
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 bunches kale, stems and ribs removed
- 1 cup croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Prepare a grill for medium heat (about 350°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 6 seconds). In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, oil, mustard, parmesan, lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic, anchovies, and 1/4 cup water. Pour half the dressing into a small bowl and set aside.
- 2. Working in batches, lay kale flat on the grill and cook on both sides until edges get brown and crispy and kale starts to wilt, about 4 minutes total. Let cool slightly, then add to the dressing in the large bowl and toss to coat. Evenly divide kale among 4 salad plates. Top with croutons and a sprinkle of pepper. Serve extra dressing on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving without extra dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note