Grilled Japanese Eggplant
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1.2 cup(s) white miso
- 1/4 cup(s) mirin
- 6 whole(s) japanese eggplant halved lengthwise
- 1/4 cup(s) oil
- 1 dash(es) salt and peper
- 1/4 bunch(es) fresh mint chopped
- Preheat a charcoal grill or kamado-style ceramic charcoal cooker for direct grilling over high heat.
- Whisk together the miso, mirin, sugar and 2 tablespoons water until combined.
- Brush the cut-side of the eggplant with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the eggplant, cut-side down, until lightly golden brown, about 4 minutes. Turn the eggplant over, brush with some of the glaze and continue grilling for 2 more minutes. Brush with more glaze, flip over and grill until the cut-side is caramelized, about 4 minutes. Remove to a platter, cut-side up, and sprinkle with mint.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Iinlisa and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Japanese Eggplant Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers