This was very easy and everyone wanted seconds! It's great for company and health-conscious people are satisfied with all of the fresh ingredients. Check out my take: http://sweetspatulas.com/2012/07/25/grilled-jamaican-pork-tenderloin-salad/
Grilled Jamaican Pork Tenderloin Salad
Serve pork tenderloin atop a bed of fresh greens and toss with sliced fruit and a homemade dressing.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 263
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Protein: 28.4g
- Carbohydrate: 18.3g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- Iron: 2.7mg
- Sodium: 371mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 2 tablespoons fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin
- Cooking spray
- 4 cups salad greens
- 2 cups chopped peeled fresh pineapple
- 1 cup chopped papaya
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare dressing, combine first 11 ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- To prepare pork, slice pork lengthwise, cutting to, but not through, other side. Open halves, laying pork flat. Rub 2 tablespoons dressing on pork; reserve remaining dressing. Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer registers 155°. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut pork into 1/4-inch-thick slices; toss with reserved dressing.
- Place 1 cup greens on each of 4 plates; top with 3 ounces pork, 1/2 cup pineapple, and 1/4 cup papaya.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note