Grilled Jalapeño Guacamole
We fire up the grill to get our veggies nice and charred for our Grilled Jalapeño Guacamole.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- 1 1-inch-thick slice of red onion
- 2 tomatillos, husked
- 2 jalapeños
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 firm but ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat grill to medium. Insert a metal skewer through center of onion slice so it will lay flat. Brush onion, tomatillos and jalapeños with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill onion for 6 minutes, turning once. Grill tomatillos, turning often, until just beginning to char, 4 to 6 minutes. Grill jalapeños, turning frequently, until blackened, 8 to 10 minutes. Place jalapeños in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let steam for 10 minutes. Allow other vegetables to cool.
- 2. Roughly chop onion. Core and chop tomatillos. With your fingers, peel charred skin off jalapeños; remove and discard seeds; chop flesh.
- 3. Pulse avocados, garlic and grilled vegetables in a food processor until chunky. Add lime juice and cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Pulse until just combined. Transfer to serving bowl. Serve with chips and crudités, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note