- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- About 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms such as oyster, button, cremini, and chanterelle, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 4 ounces mâche
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- calories 331
- caloriesfromfat 57 %
- protein 27 g
- fat 21 g
- satfat 4.7 g
- carbohydrate 7.7 g
- fiber 1.5 g
- sodium 1137 mg
- cholesterol 43 mg
How to Make It
Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for high heat (450° to 550°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 2 to 4 seconds). In a small bowl, combine horseradish, 2 tbsp. oil, and garlic. Spread half of mixture over one side of steak.
Using a wad of oiled paper towels and tongs, oil cooking grate. Lay steak, sauce side down, onto grate. Spread remaining sauce onto top side. Grill steak, turning once, until done the way you like, 10 minutes for medium-rare. Meanwhile, grill mushrooms next to steak until warm and grill marks appear, about 6 minutes. Transfer steak to a cutting board and sprinkle with sea salt. Tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
Put mushrooms in a medium bowl. Add mâche, remaining 2 tbsp. oil, lemon juice, kosher salt, and pepper, and gently toss to combine. Serve next to steak.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.