Grilled Honey-Teriyaki Chicken
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1/2 head(s) garlic unpeeled
- 4 slice(s) fresh ginger root gently bashed to open up
- 2 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 8 sprig(s) fresh thyme
- 2 cup(s) teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- 1 large piece of fresh ginger root sliced and bashed to open up
- 1 head(s) garlic halved crosswise
- 1 teaspoon(s) toasted sesame oil +1/2 cup
- freshly ground black pepper
- scallion threads for garnish
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Begin by making the brine. Combine the water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, salt and thyme in a large resealable bag and swirl to dissolve the sugar. Add chicken pieces and allow to brine for 1 to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill to low-medium heat.
- Make teriyaki glaze: in a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine teriyaki sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, and simmer until rich and slightly reduced.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry. Discard the brine. Add the chicken to a large mixing bowl, drizzle with 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil and season with freshly ground black pepper. Toss to coat and cook on a low-medium grill for 17 to 20 minutes per side until cooked through. Baste with teriyaki glaze for the last 5 to 7 minutes of cooking. Serve garnish with scallion threads (finely sliced scallions cut on the bias soaked in ice cold water), and toasted sesame seeds.nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Honey-Teriyaki Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes