Grilled Herb Steak
Five different herbs lend the grilled steak bright, fresh flavor. Experiment with your own blends. For lighter flavor, refrigerate the herb-rubbed steaks for only two hours before cooking.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 steak)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 354
- Calories from fat: 39%
- Fat: 15.4g
- Saturated fat: 6.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 49g
- Carbohydrate: 1g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 684mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender buds
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 (8-ounce) ribeye steaks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub both sides of steaks with herb mixture. Place steaks in a shallow dish; cover and refrigerate 4 hours.
- Remove steaks from refrigerator. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature 20 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Place steaks on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill. Cover steaks loosely with foil; let stand for 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note