Grilled Hanger Steak with Garlic-Brandy Butter
Photo: Lucas Allen
More From Food & Wine
Total: 50 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves (medium) garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cognac or other brandy
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 (large) leeks, white and pale green parts only, sliced 1 inch thick
- 2 pounds hanger steaks, trimmed
- In a bowl, mash the butter, parsley, garlic and Cognac; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the leeks and season with salt. Cover and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, 10 minutes.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Brush the steaks with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat, turning once, until nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, 5 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer the steaks to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steaks across the grain and spread the butter all over the meat, letting it melt in. Serve with the leeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes