Grilled Ham-and-Cheese Sandwiches with Strawberry-Shallot Jam
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
Use roasted turkey instead of ham, if you prefer.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 3 tablespoons Strawberry-Lemonade Jam
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 8 sourdough sandwich bread slices
- 12 thin slices deli ham
- 1 1/3 cups (6 oz.) shredded Gruyère or other Swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Stir together Strawberry-Lemonade Jam, minced shallot, olive oil, and Dijon mustard; spread on 1 side of 4 bread slices. Top each with 3 slices deli ham, 1/3 cup (1 1/2 oz.) shredded Gruyère cheese, and 1 bread slice. Brush 1 Tbsp. melted butter on both sides of each sandwich. Cook sandwiches in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat 1 minute on each side or until browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note