Grilled Halibut with Sweet Pepper and Balsamic Salad
This sweet pepper salad pairs well with halibut, snapper, or other firm, white-fleshed fish. You can also serve it with sautéed chicken breast or grilled pork tenderloin.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and 1/2 cup bell pepper mixture)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 248
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 35.4g
- Carbohydrate: 8.9g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 599mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh marjoram
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- Prepare grill.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides down, on a cutting board or work surface; flatten with hand. Place pepper halves on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 12 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
- Combine bell peppers, 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 tablespoons chives, vinegar, oil, capers, marjoram, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and garlic; toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle fish evenly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley and remaining 1 tablespoon chives. Serve with bell pepper mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes