Simple and elegant. Great for friends in for dinner. Will knock your socks off for flavor!!
Grilled Halibut, Lettuce, and Tapenade Bundles
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
Romaine leaves are sturdy enough to stuff, and they even hold up on the grill.
Yield: Serves 4
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 325
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 417mg
- Cholesterol: 52mg
- 12 very large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup green olive tapenade
- 1 pound halibut fillets (1 in. thick)
- Olive oil
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Heat grill to medium (about 375°). Cook lettuce leaves 2 or 3 at a time in a pot of boiling water until ribs are flexible, 1 1/2 to 3 minutes; as done, transfer to a bowl of ice water. Lay leaves flat with smooth sides up on kitchen towels and pat dry.
- 2. Spread the 8 largest leaves with tapenade. Cut fish into 8 pieces, each about 2 1/2 in. wide; set 1 at base of each leaf. If leaf isn't big enough to enclose fish, overlap leaf with another. Roll up each bundle from base, folding in sides (gently crack lettuce ribs if needed). Brush bundles with oil. Discard any extra leaves.
- 3. Grill, turning once, until fish is just opaque, 8 minutes. Serve with lemon.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes