- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 large inner celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 pound orange or red tomatoes, finely chopped
- About 1 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- About 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 to 3 large anchovies, minced and mashed with flat side of a chef's knife
- About 8 cracked green olives, pitted* and minced
- 6 Pacific halibut fillets with skin, each 1 in. thick and 5 to 6 oz.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- calories 327
- caloriesfromfat 44 %
- protein 39 g
- fat 16 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- carbohydrate 5.5 g
- fiber 1.3 g
- sodium 1319 mg
- cholesterol 66 mg
How to Make It
Make sauce: Combine ingredients in a bowl, adding hot sauce, salt, anchovies, and olives to taste. Set aside 30 to 60 minutes for flavors to come together.
Heat a grill to high (about 450°). Prepare fish: In a large, shallow bowl, coat fish with oil. Combine pepper, kosher salt, and celery salt; rub all over fish. Oil cooking grate, using a wad of oiled paper towels and tongs. Grill fish, turning once, until marks appear and fish is just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes total. Serve with sauce.
*To pit olives, smash one at a time with the flat side of a chef's knife, and cut out pit.