Like fish we had in Belize! Delicious!
Grilled Grouper with Plantains and Salsa Verde
Choose yellow, underripe plantains. To peel a plantain, cut off the top and bottom, make a lengthwise cut through the skin, and peel. While the plantains cook, squeeze the lime juice and mince the cilantro. If your grill pan is large enough, cook the plantains and fish at the same time. Serve with rice tossed with chopped green onions.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 12%
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 35.7g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 702mg
- Calcium: 80mg
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1 underripe plantain
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 (6-ounce) grouper fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup bottled green salsa
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- Heat a large grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- Cut plantain in half lengthwise; cut each half crosswise into 2 pieces. Spray plantain pieces with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until golden and slightly soft. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- Drizzle fish with juice; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and minced cilantro. Grill 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Top fish with salsa and sour cream, and serve with plantain pieces. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Grouper with Plantains and Salsa Verde Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This