- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup seeded and chopped plum tomato
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 (3-pound) grouper fillets
How to Make It
Dissolve salt in water.
Stir together shallots and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in salt water. Set aside 2 cups mixture to serve with fish.
Place 1 grouper fillet, skin side down, on a sheet of plastic wrap in a 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan. Spoon remaining sauce over fillet; top with remaining grouper fillet, flesh side down. Cover and chill 3 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
Place grouper fillets, skin side down, on grill rack. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 40 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve with reserved sauce.