This was a wonderful recipe! I usually use recipes that call for baking the grouper in the oven, and it typically comes out too chewy. This was the first time I grilled the grouper, and it came out tender and juicy. The pistol was perfect! I served this with sautéed okra and my husband loved it. I really like pesto and this was a nice variation on that.
Grilled Grouper with Basil-Lime Pistou
Pistou (pees-TOO) is a southern French interpretation of pesto, the Italian herb and nut paste. Resting the chopped garlic allows heart-healthful compounds to develop. The instructions call for grilling, but you can also prepare the fish in a grill pan, cooking it about four minutes on each side.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 226
- Calories from fat: 33%
- Fat: 8.2g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.2g
- Protein: 34.1g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 64mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 514mg
- Calcium: 105mg
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) grouper fillets (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. To prepare pistou, combine first 7 ingredients in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Prepare grill.
- 3. To prepare grouper, sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with pistou.
- Wine note: Soellner Wogenrain Grüner Veltliner 2006 ($16) from Austria boasts herbal and green pea aromas that pair well with the fresh, green flavors of this dish. The wine's bright, mouthwatering acidity slices through the olive oil and brings out the lime zest. —Jeffery Lindenmuth
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This