- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (about 3)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 8 (6-inch) tostada shells
- 1 pound grouper or other firm white fish fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded romaine or leaf lettuce
- calories 202
- fat 8.6 g
- satfat 1.8 g
- protein 13.7 g
- carbohydrate 18.2 g
- cholesterol 25 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 356 mg
- caloriesfromfat 38 %
- fiber 2.7 g
- calcium 44 mg
How to Make It
Combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons lime juice. Cover and chill.
Place a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add corn; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until corn is lightly browned. Combine corn, tomato, green onions, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, cilantro, jalapeño pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a bowl. Toss gently. Cover and chill.
Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Place over medium heat. Add sliced onion; sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. Add bell pepper; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until pepper softens. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt; transfer to a bowl.
Heat tostada shells according to package directions; keep warm.
Combine fish, 1 1/2 teaspoons oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice, chili powder, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Toss gently. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Flake fish.
Top each tostado shell with 1/4 cup shredded lettuce. Spoon onion and bell pepper mixture evenly over lettuce; divide fish evenly over onion and bell pepper mixture. Top fish with corn salsa; drizzle with the sour cream mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.