- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium-size green tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 2 lb.)
- 1 (16-oz.) package sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
How to Make It
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; add tomatoes, seal, and shake gently to coat. Chill 1 hour.
Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove tomatoes from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill tomatoes, covered with grill lid, 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until tender and grill marks appear.
Arrange alternating slices of warm grilled tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on a large, shallow platter. Drizzle with reserved marinade; season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with basil.