Even without the basil (which I didn't have), this sandwich was like a wonderful novel. I didn't want it to be gone. Delicious!
Grilled Goat Cheese Sandwiches with Fig and Honey
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 243
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 9.8g
- Carbohydrate: 33.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 326mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (4-ounce) package goat cheese
- 8 (1-ounce) slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 2 tablespoons fig preserves
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring until well blended. Spread 1 tablespoon goat cheese mixture on each of 4 bread slices; top each slice with 1 1/2 teaspoons preserves and 1/2 teaspoon basil. Top with remaining bread slices. Lightly coat outside of bread with cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 sandwiches to pan. Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwiches; press gently to flatten. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwiches while they cook). Repeat with remaining sandwiches. Sprinkle with sugar.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note