Grilled Garlic-Romano Oysters
Yield: Makes 4 to 8 servings
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 dozen fresh oysters
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- French bread, warmed
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until butter turns clear; skim foam from top. Reduce heat to low, and stir in garlic. Cook 1 minute, and remove from heat.
- Shuck oysters, keeping as much of the oyster liquor in place as possible. (For video on how to shuck an oyster, visit our sister site myrecipes.com.)
- Sprinkle each oyster with 1 teaspoon cheese. Grill over high heat 3 minutes or until cheese browns. Drizzle each oyster with 1 to 2 teaspoons butter mixture, and grill 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately with bread and remaining butter on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes