We love this recipe, it's been added to our dinner list menu. We made it for the first time when the "stepson" and his fiance came to visit. The ginger really makes the difference from other recipes I have tried. With the remaining chicken we made quesadillas. Delicious.
Grilled Fusion Chicken
Create an amazing blend of flavors for grilled chicken breasts by marinating the chicken in a mixture of tequila, fresh lime juice, fresh ginger and dried chipotle chile. Use the reserved marinade to stir into whipped cream for a rich and savory topping. You can substitute 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 teaspoons minced garlic for the garlic-infused olive oil.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 383
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 498mg
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup garlic-infused olive oil (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons each tequila and fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle chile
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1. Pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. In a shallow dish, whisk oil, tequila, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, ginger, chile, and salt. Reserve 1/3 cup of this marinade, then put the chicken in dish, turn to coat, and marinate 30 minutes.
- 2. Grill chicken on a charcoal or gas grill over medium heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- 3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, simmer reserved marinade until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cream, then remove from heat. Serve chicken drizzled with sauce and garnished with cilantro, if you like. Serve extra sauce and a green salad on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note