A staple at our house. We have it with saffron rice and a baby green salad with toasted almonds, crumbled gorgonzola, dried cranberries, and raspberry vinaigrette. I double the marinade and add extra hot sauce.
Grilled Fusion Chicken
Create an amazing blend of flavors for grilled chicken breasts by marinating the chicken in a mixture of tequila, fresh lime juice, fresh ginger and dried chipotle chile. Use the reserved marinade to stir into whipped cream for a rich and savory topping. You can substitute 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 teaspoons minced garlic for the garlic-infused olive oil.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 383
- Calories from fat: 68%
- Protein: 28g
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated fat: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 498mg
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup garlic-infused olive oil (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons each tequila and fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground dried chipotle chile
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1. Pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. In a shallow dish, whisk oil, tequila, lime juice, hot sauce, Worcestershire, ginger, chile, and salt. Reserve 1/3 cup of this marinade, then put the chicken in dish, turn to coat, and marinate 30 minutes.
- 2. Grill chicken on a charcoal or gas grill over medium heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 inches above grill level only 4 to 5 seconds), turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- 3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, simmer reserved marinade until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cream, then remove from heat. Serve chicken drizzled with sauce and garnished with cilantro, if you like. Serve extra sauce and a green salad on the side.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note