We love this sandwich--for breakfast! Spent last summer experimenting with cheeses and cooking method--cream cheesse vs. mozzarella, griddle vs. panini press. This summer hit on fontina cheese. Just not a big fan of fresh mozzarella. I make pretty much as instucted without measuring ingredients and with subbing fontina for the mozzarella. Oh so good!
Grilled Fresh Mozzarella and Apricot on Sourdough
Photo: Annabelle Breakey
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 481
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 18g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 693mg
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 firm-ripe, juicy apricots, pitted and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1. Butter one side of each bread slice. Flip 2 slices over and top with apricots, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar to taste. Top with mozzarella and remaining bread slices, buttered sides up.
- 2. Cook sandwiches in a large frying pan over medium heat, turning once, until golden and crisp on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This