Grilled Flatbreads with Mushrooms, Ricotta and Herbs
Photo: Ken Kochey
More From Food & Wine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) oyster and shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 balls of pizza dough, at room temperature
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chervil, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, coarsely chopped
- In a medium skillet, heat the 1/4 cup of olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until evaporated, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan and lightly oil a rimless baking sheet. On the baking sheet, stretch each ball of pizza dough out to a 12-inch round; brush with extra-virgin olive oil. Carefully slide the dough rounds onto the grill and cook over moderately high heat, shifting the rounds to prevent scorching, until lightly browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip the rounds and spread 1/2 cup of the fresh ricotta cheese over each one. Scatter the sautéed mushrooms and herbs over the flatbreads and grill until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer the flatbreads to a work surface, drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cut into wedges and serve right away.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note