Grilled flat bread
Flat bread "baked" on a grill instead of in an oven.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) water warm
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) yeast
- 1 cup(s) milk warmed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 3 cup(s) white wheat flour
- 3 cup(s) bread flour
- Proof yeast for about five minutes with sugar and all purpose flour in water.
- Add milk and olive oil and mix well.
- Add garlic powder and salt; begin adding flours until a tacky dough forms.
- Knead for about five minutes.
- Allow to rise for one hour.
- Preheat grill to about 550 F.
- Shape into 16 even sized balls.
- Roll out into circles about 1/4" thick.
- Baste dough with additional olive oil, place on grill, and cook for about three minutes.
- Baste top side, turn over, and cook until both sides are lightly browned.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by davesnyd and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled flat bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads