I'll make the relish and eat it with chips, but it's paired perfectly with the steak. The steak is overseasoned without the relish and it is fabulous! Personally, I double the relish recipe because it's so good it goes too fast!
Grilled Flank Steak with Roasted-Poblano Relish
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 239
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated fat: 4.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 24.9g
- Carbohydrate: 11.2g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 384mg
- Calcium: 28mg
- 6 poblano chiles (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Prepare grill.
- Cut poblanos in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place poblanos, skin sides down, on grill rack. Grill 15 minutes or until blackened. Place in a zip-top plastic bag; seal. Let stand 15 minutes. Peel and dice. Stir in cilantro, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Sprinkle steak with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Place on grill rack; grill 8 minutes on each side or until thermometer registers 145° (medium-rare) or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with relish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes