Grilled Flank Steak With Guacamole Sauce
Dried chipotle powder may be found on the spice aisle of your supermarket. If you serve the flank steak without the Guacamole Sauce, reduce the chipotle powder to 1 tsp. to moderate the heat.
More From Southern Living
Grill: 20 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1 (2-lb.) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons dried chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 16 (8-inch) flour tortillas (optional)
- Guacamole Sauce
- 1. Sprinkle steak evenly with chipotle powder and salt; rub with garlic.
- 2. Grill steak, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 8 to 10 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness. Cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 5 minutes.
- 3. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin strips. Serve with tortillas, if desired, and Guacamole Sauce.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used McCormick Gourmet Collection Chipotle Chile Pepper for dried chipotle powder.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes