We've made this twice as written except using skirt steak, and LOVE it. When I mix the salsa ingredients together it comes out looking more like guacamole than the nice neat cubes that the picture would indicate, but it tastes awesome so no complaints here!
Grilled Flank Steak with Avocado and Two-Tomato Salsa
Photo: Gentl & Hyers; Styling: Kendra Smoot
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Protein: 23.8g
- Carbohydrate: 2.5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 345mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 1/2 cup diced red tomato
- 1/2 cup diced yellow tomato
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 7 ingredients, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 3. Sprinkle steak evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from grill; let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak across the grain into thin slices; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Serve with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes