Chili and chipotle powders lend earthy, smoky flavors to the grilled beef. For milder flavor, use ancho chile powder in place of the hot chipotle. The spice rub would also work nicely on chicken breasts.
Cooking Light JUNE 2009
1. To prepare steak, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of steak. Rub chili powder mixture evenly over steak. Cover and chill 1 hour.
2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
3. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
4. To prepare salsa, combine avocado and next 7 ingredients (through pepper sauce) in a medium bowl.
5. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon steak mixture evenly over each of 8 tortillas. Top each taco with 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup cabbage.
Go to full version of