Great! Tasted so fresh and healthy! Absolutely will make again.
Grilled Flank Steak Soft Tacos with Avocado-Lime Salsa
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 593mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- Remaining ingredients:
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1. To prepare steak, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of steak. Rub chili powder mixture evenly over steak. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 4. To prepare salsa, combine avocado and next 7 ingredients (through pepper sauce) in a medium bowl.
- 5. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon steak mixture evenly over each of 8 tortillas. Top each taco with 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup cabbage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes
Food & Wine