DH and I really enjoyed this dish. The salsa went so very well with the marinated steak. Followed the advice of another reviewer and sprinkled fresh lime juice over the cabbage. Perfect!
Grilled Flank Steak Soft Tacos with Avocado-Lime Salsa
Chili and chipotle powders lend earthy, smoky flavors to the grilled beef. For milder flavor, use ancho chile powder in place of the hot chipotle. The spice rub would also work nicely on chicken breasts.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 4.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 27.9g
- Carbohydrate: 27.7g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 593mg
- Calcium: 78mg
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- Remaining ingredients:
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1. To prepare steak, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of steak. Rub chili powder mixture evenly over steak. Cover and chill 1 hour.
- 2. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 4. To prepare salsa, combine avocado and next 7 ingredients (through pepper sauce) in a medium bowl.
- 5. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon steak mixture evenly over each of 8 tortillas. Top each taco with 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup cabbage.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This