- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado
- 3/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- Remaining ingredients:
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage
- calories 353
- fat 16 g
- satfat 4.3 g
- monofat 7.6 g
- polyfat 1.7 g
- protein 27.9 g
- carbohydrate 27.7 g
- fiber 6.8 g
- cholesterol 40 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 593 mg
- calcium 78 mg
How to Make It
To prepare steak, combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Score a diamond pattern on both sides of steak. Rub chili powder mixture evenly over steak. Cover and chill 1 hour.
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Place steak on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
To prepare salsa, combine avocado and next 7 ingredients (through pepper sauce) in a medium bowl.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon steak mixture evenly over each of 8 tortillas. Top each taco with 1/4 cup salsa and 1/4 cup cabbage.