Grilled Flank Steak and Balsamic Vegetables
Photo: John Kernick
More From Real Simple
Amount per serving
- Calories: 404
- Calories from fat: 62%
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Sodium: 307mg
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 6g
- Protein: 26g
- 1 pound flank steak
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2 bell peppers (any color), quartered
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Season the steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Grill to the desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Meanwhile, brush both sides of the eggplant and peppers with 3 tablespoons of the oil. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill until tender, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining oil, vinegar, garlic, and parsley. Divide the steak and vegetables among individual plates. Spoon the sauce over the vegetables or serve on the side.
Tip: To serve this meal to a crowd, double the recipe and make it several hours in advance. Refrigerate, then serve at room temperature. You can use leftovers in sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes