- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 pound firm mild fish fillets
How to Make It
Combine 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, lime rind, lime juice, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Add cucumber, tomatoes, green onion, jalapeño, and mint. Set aside.
Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt over fish. Grill over medium-high heat 7 minutes or until tender. Top with salsa, and serve.
Note: Any seafood tastes great paired with this simple cucumber-tomato relish--just buy your favorite. If you choose a thin fillet such as flounder, place on heavy-duty aluminum foil to keep the fish intact while grilling.
Wine note: Quara, a new wine brand from Argentina, offers a couple of aromatic whites that blend well with seafood dishes. The Cafayate Valley Torrontes ($10) is a big, dry white with tropical fruit notes. The bold Chardonnay ($10) has a touch of oak for a crisp finish.