Grilled Fish and "Chips"
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Kevin Crafts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 464
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Protein: 43g
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 32g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 902mg
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes, sliced lengthwise
- About 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon zest
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 striped bass fillets with skin (about 2 lbs. total), halved and skin scored
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges
- 1. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium heat (350° to 450°; you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 5 to 7 seconds). Set a cooling rack over half of cooking grate. In a small bowl, mix potatoes and 1 tbsp. oil. Spread potatoes on rack and grill until browned, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- 2. While potatoes cook, make sauce and cook fish. For sauce, in a small bowl, mix capers, lemon juice, zest, and mayonnaise. Set aside.
- 3. Rub fish on both sides with remaining 1 tbsp. oil and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Using a wad of oiled paper towels and tongs, oil clear portion of cooking grate. Lay fish on grate and cook, turning once, until grill marks appear and fish is opaque, about 5 minutes total.
- 4. Transfer potatoes and fish to a platter. Sprinkle potatoes with remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and the parsley. Serve with caper mayonnaise and lemon wedges for fish.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes