Grilled Fish ala Debbie Neff
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) Ingredients below
- Cook in a cast iron pan on the grill outdoors. There will be a lot of smoke and you do not want to do this in the house.
- Blackened seasoning
- Season salt (or similar such as brisket rub, steak seasoning, etc.)
- Olive oil
- Salmon or Tuna (buy fresh frozen if possible for best freshness). Get the thickest piece available.
- Pre-heat pan on grill. Pour just enough oil in pan to coat the bottom. Do not burn oil while pre-heating
- Skin fish and rinse
- Sprinkle generous amount of blackened seasoning on one side of the fish
- Place fish, seasoned side down, into preheated pan with oil. Be careful doing this to avoid splashing hot oil.
- Sprinkle lesser amount of season salt on top side of fish.
- Flip fish after 1.5 - 2 minutes
- After aprox. 2 minutes check for doneness. Monitor how done the fish is by watching the edge.
- Salmon can cook all the way through without drying out.
- Tuna should not cook all the way through or it will be dry and chewy. Tuna is best medium rare.
- Remove fish when desired doneness is reached. Cover and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Fish ala Debbie Neff Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes