grilled filet with blue cheese butter
Chill Time: 30 Minutes
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 1 1/2 inch thick filet mignons
- Canola oil as needed
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoon(s) finely chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 stick(s) unsulted butter, slightly softened
- Preheat a grill to high heat.
- Combine the butter, cheese, and thyme in a bowl and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Brush the steaks with some canola oil, then season them with salt and cracked black pepper. Grill until the meat chars on both sides and is cooked to a medium-rare doneness. Transfer the steaks to a platter, top them with some of the butter and let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryBethT and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note