Grilled Fig Toast
Photo: Randy Mayor; Food Styling: Blakeslee Wright-Giles; Prop Styling: Claire Spollen
More From Cooking Light
Total: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 0.0g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 315mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup Saba*
- 3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 fresh figs, halved
- Cooking spray
- 4 (3/4-ounce) "blocks" challah bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1. Combine Saba, turbinado sugar, and 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Stir with a whisk until syrupy. Remove from heat; stir in pepper. Keep warm.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Coat figs with cooking spray. Place on grill pan; grill 2 minutes on each side or until lightly charred.
- 3. Brush bread with remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons butter. Sprinkle granulated sugar onto a small plate. Dredge bread evenly in sugar. Place bread in pan; grill 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred, being careful not to scorch. Arrange bread and figs on a platter; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- *Saba is a sweet-tart condiment made from grape must; you can substitute balsamic syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This