Grilled Fig, Prosciutto, and Chèvre Salad
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 12 fresh figs, halved
- 3 ounces chèvre (goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 8 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients until blended. Drizzle 3 tablespoons vinaigrette over fig halves, and reserve remaining dressing. Grill figs, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until tender. Remove from heat, and cut fig halves in half. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Combine chèvre and next 3 ingredients in a food processor. Process until well blended, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Toss greens with remaining vinaigrette. Spoon chèvre mixture in the center of each plate. Top with figs, prosciutto, and greens.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads