- 1/3 cup (about 1 1/2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 8 (1-ounce) slices peasant bread
- 12 fresh figs, halved
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups arugula
- 8 Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- calories 180
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fat 6.2 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 0.4 g
- protein 4.5 g
- carbohydrate 30.2 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 8 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 378 mg
- calcium 103 mg
How to Make It
Combine cheese and butter in a small bowl; stir until well blended.
Grill bread 5 minutes on each side or until golden; cool. Spread 1 teaspoon cheese mixture on each slice; set aside.
Thread 4 fig halves lengthwise onto each of 6 (8-inch) skewers; coat figs with cooking spray. Place fig kebabs on grill rack, and grill 4 minutes on each side. Cool slightly; remove figs from skewers.
Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place spinach and arugula in a large bowl; add dressing, tossing gently to coat. Divide mixture evenly among 8 serving plates. Top with figs and lettuce leaves; sprinkle with onions. Serve with toasts.