Grilled Fig and Endive Salad with Watercress
Community Recipe from
- 2 head(s) Belgian endive
- Extra virgin olive oil
- s&p to taste
- 6-8 fresh figs
- handful watercress washed & dried
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- Prepare grill. Treim ends of endive, cut in half lenghwise. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with s&p. Cut figs in half, leaving the stem ends on, and brush with olive oil.
- Place figs and endive on grill , face down. Grill figs approx 2 minutes on each side. When figs are soft, move to cool spot on grill. Turn endive when if bgins to soften, 2-3 minutes, and gill until wilted and completely tender. Remove figs & endive from grill. Cut endive in half lengthwise and sprinkle with s&p.
- divide watercress among plates, loosely arrange figs & endive on top, fanning endive slightly. Drizzle lightly with oil and vinegar. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note