Grilled Fig and Endive Salad with Watercress
Community Recipe from
- 2 head(s) Belgian endive
- Extra virgin olive oil
- s&p to taste
- 6-8 fresh figs
- handful watercress washed & dried
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) balsamic vinegar
- Prepare grill. Treim ends of endive, cut in half lenghwise. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with s&p. Cut figs in half, leaving the stem ends on, and brush with olive oil.
- Place figs and endive on grill , face down. Grill figs approx 2 minutes on each side. When figs are soft, move to cool spot on grill. Turn endive when if bgins to soften, 2-3 minutes, and gill until wilted and completely tender. Remove figs & endive from grill. Cut endive in half lengthwise and sprinkle with s&p.
- divide watercress among plates, loosely arrange figs & endive on top, fanning endive slightly. Drizzle lightly with oil and vinegar. Serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes