Didn't have creole seasoning - but made my own. I would make multiple packets next time so everyone could create their own flavors and veggies. I used pre-cooked, tail off shrimp. Cooked for 10 min and it created a sauce - i expected it to "char" a little but the foil packet created steam and moisture.
Grilled Fiesta Shrimp
"The packet is easy to assemble for a casual get-together and perfect for a small party. And cleanup is a breeze. Sometimes my husband and I like to add a dash of ground red pepper to the shrimp to turn up the heat." —Marchelle Falkner, Birmingham, Ala.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 391
- Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 37.6g
- Carbohydrate: 40.3g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 238mg
- Iron: 5.6mg
- Sodium: 687mg
- Calcium: 160mg
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) preshredded Mexican-blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup drained canned whole-kernel corn with sweet peppers (such as Green Giant)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1. Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Arrange shrimp in the center of a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Drizzle oil over shrimp; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning, tossing to coat. Top shrimp with cheese, corn, cilantro, and beans; sprinkle with the remaining 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning. Fold opposite ends of foil together; crimp to seal.
- 3. Place foil packet on prepared grill; cover and cook 15 minutes or until shrimp are done. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note