Grilled Fennel and Red Onion with Lemon Dressing
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large fennel bulbs with fronds attached
- 2 large red onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients. Whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil until blended. Set aside.
- Mince fennel fronds to measure 1/4 cup. Set aside.
- Trim stalks from fennel. Cut fennel bulbs in half vertically, discarding cores. Cut each half into 1/4-inch lengthwise slices. Peel onions, and cut in half lengthwise. Cut each half into 1/4-inch lengthwise slices.
- Combine fennel and onion in a large bowl. Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil over vegetables; toss well. Place fennel mixture in a grill basket. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat (350º to 400º) 13 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning after 6 minutes.
- Add vegetables and fennel fronds to lemon juice mixture; toss well.
- Tip: Use a grill basket with small openings to keep vegetable slices from falling through the grill rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables