Grilled Fennel and Radicchio Salad
Serve this impressive and unique grilled salad with chicken or fish. The radiccho leaves and ridged fennel bulbs gain delicious-looking grill marks as they cook. Be ready to eat as soon as the salad greens come off the grill.
- 4 fennel bulbs
- 1 head radicchio, separated into leaves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: fennel sprigs
- Cut fennel bulbs vertically into 1/2-inch slices. Blanch fennel in boiling water 3 minutes or just until crisp-tender; drain. Combine fennel and radicchio in a large bowl; set aside.
- Combine orange juice and next 6 ingredients in a jar. Cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Chill 1/4 cup vinaigrette; pour remaining vinaigrette over fennel and radicchio, tossing gently to coat. Let fennel mixture stand 15 minutes; drain.
- Grill fennel, covered with grill lid, over medium-hot coals (350° to 400°) 15 minutes, turning once. Remove fennel from grill, and set aside. Grill radicchio, covered with grill lid, 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Toss fennel and radicchio with reserved vinaigrette; garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Note: Don't core fennel before grilling. The core will hold the slices of fennel together so they won't fall through the grill rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Fennel and Radicchio Salad Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This