Grilled Eggplant with Tomato and Feta
Community Recipe from
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 large tomatoes
- feta crumbled
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh basil leaves
- lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher sald
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut of the eggplant crosswise into ½” thick rounds. Lightly season them with salt and leave them for 30 minutes on a side to let water to come out of the eggplant.
- Once ready drizzle some olive oil on top of each slice and grill them on a lightly oiled grill rack for 2 -3 minutes each side.
- Blend the basil leaves with 4 tablespoons olive oil, 2 garlic cloves and 1 teaspoon salt in an emersion blender until smooth.
- Cut the tomatoes crosswise to 1/4” thick rounds.
- Lightly oil the baking pan. Arrange 4 eggplant rounds side by side. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the basil-garlic mixture on top of each one, then generously sprinkle feta crumbs. Top each with tomato rings. Add another layer of eggplant, basil spread, feta and tomato rounds and top with the rest of the crumbled feta.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of each stack and bake for 15 minutes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mbusque and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Eggplant with Tomato and Feta Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes