Grilled Eggplant, Tomatoes, and Zucchini
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 256
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrate: 23g
- Fiber: 5.6g
- Sodium: 748mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 medium eggplants, trimmed and sliced diagonally (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 2 small zucchinis, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 4 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- About 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve 2 tablespoons salt in 3 quarts cold water. Add eggplant slices and weight with a plate or inverted bowl. Let sit 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat (you can hold your hand at grill level only 3 to 4 seconds).
- 3. Drain and dry eggplant. Lay vegetables on a platter. Brush one side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- 4. Brush grill with vegetable oil. Lay vegetables on grill, oiled side down. Close lid of gas grill and cook until grill marks form, about 5 minutes.
- 5. Brush dry side of vegetables with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Turn over, close lid of gas grill, and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Serve vegetables hot or at room temperature.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
A bit of black pepper, fresh herbs, or parmesan cheese all make delicious finishing touches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note