Grilled Eggplant, Tomato, Provolone, and Sun-Dried Tomato-Pesto Sandwich
You'll have leftover pesto, which is great with pasta or as a dip.
Yield: 4 servings
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 442
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 13.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 17.7g
- Carbohydrate: 67.4g
- Fiber: 9.7g
- Cholesterol: 15mg
- Iron: 4.4mg
- Sodium: 986mg
- Calcium: 267mg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices eggplant (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices yellow tomato (about 10 ounces)
- 4 (1/2-inch-thick) slices red tomato (about 10 ounces)
- Cooking spray
- 8 (1 1/2-ounce) slices French bread
- 1/2 cup Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- 2 (1 1/2-ounce) slices provolone cheese, each cut in half
- 1 cup gourmet salad greens
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over eggplant and tomato slices.
- Place eggplant on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side or until eggplant is tender and browned. Place tomato on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until tomato is done. Place bread on grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray; cook 1 minute on each side or until bread is lightly toasted.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Sun-dried Tomato Pesto on each bread slice, and place 1/2 slice of cheese on each of 4 bread slices. Arrange greens, eggplant, and tomato evenly over cheese, and top with 4 bread slices.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Grilled Eggplant, Tomato, Provolone, and Sun-Dried Tomato-Pesto Sandwich Recipe at a Glance