- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled ginger
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 (1-pound) eggplants, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- calories 286
- fat 14.3 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 4.7 g
- polyfat 6.4 g
- protein 13.4 g
- carbohydrate 29.4 g
- fiber 8.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2.5 mg
- sodium 630 mg
- calcium 124 mg
How to Make It
Place tofu on paper towels; cover with paper towels. Top with a heavy skillet; let stand 20 minutes. Cut tofu crosswise into 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices.
Combine ketchup and next 6 ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until reduced to 1 cup (12 minutes), stirring occasionally. Set aside 1/2 cup.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Brush oil over tofu and eggplant; sprinkle with salt. Place eggplant on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill 2 minutes. Turn eggplant over, and brush with 2 tablespoons sauce; grill 2 minutes. Turn eggplant over; brush with 2 tablespoon sauce. Cook 2 minutes on each side.
Add tofu to grill; grill 3 minutes. Turn tofu over, and brush with 2 tablespoons sauce; grill 3 minutes. Turn tofu over and brush with 2 tablespoons sauce; grill for 1 minute on each side. Sprinkle with onions and seeds. Serve with eggplant and 1/2 cup reserved sauce.